Green Tip Tuesday: I #workout
Here at Swipes Inc. , we love to workout. Not in the office per se but many of us have a workout regiment that we stick to! Some of us do weights while others like to take Hot Yoga, Spin or Zumba classes!
Well I’m here to say, I’m more of a Spin and Zumba girl myself. These classes really help break up the monotony of working out. For some of us working out by ourselves is hard to do because the motivation just isn’t there. One or two days into it, you’re going hard—-the next 5 days you’ve already given up! Trust me, I know—- I’ve been that person plenty of times! Participating in classes keep you motivated and they are actually a lot of fun.
Zumba, which I’ve recently started doing, combines latin and international music with a fun and effective work-out! You will burn the calories. Some feel intimidated because they “can’t” dance! Pish posh, this is for everyone! You don’t have to have all the rhythm in the world just move your body! And if you’re afraid of the classes there are DVD’s you can do in the privacy of your home.
But whatever you choose to do—-workout! Staying Sexy and Green are important for the mind, body, and soul. And although exercise is just one component, it’s one of the most important. 30 minutes a day can seriously go a long way. If you been hesitating on working out, start today! Take a walk around the block or turn the music up loud and dance in your living room! Just get that heart rate pumping!
Stay Sexy Peeps!
Peace, Lovin, Swipes :)
Green Bloggers we’re looking for you!
Swipes Inc, is a natural biodegradable, compostable, and flushable wet wipe company. Right now we do a Tuesday Feature called “Green Tip Tuesdays” and we would like to open it up to fans, followers, fellow Green life lovers. If you or someone you know have a green tip you would like to be a guest blogger, we will feature you and your blog/post on our Facebook, Twitter, and of course here on Tumblr :)
Tips can be on
- "How to go green"
- whatever you like!
Submit your green tip blog url or the content of your tip along with your name and a link that you would like us to direct people to, to Tiffany@swipes.com
We can’t wait to read all your green tips!
Please share with all your green friends! :)
Green Tip Tuesday: You are what you eat?
I came across this picture from the LiveWell Wellness Center that has gone viral on Facebook and honestly I was surprised. Here is their excerpt:
“Our fast “food” display is now 2 years old. The word food is questionable, since the bread-like and meat-like substances have not molded or spoiled in any way. Bugs won’t even bother with it. Please think twice about giving this to your kids. You have a choice, but they don’t. We truly are what we eat.”
I knew fast food was bad and full of preservatives but yikes—-not to this extent that it hasn’t even begun to decay after 2 years! We continue to talk about changing our diets, but it’s usually when we’ve decided that it’s time to shed a few pounds. It doesn’t matter if you’re skinny or over-weight this is not food any of us should consume, at least not on a regular basis.We need to demand more from our food industries. But as millions enter and drive-thru the fast food establishments we condone their behavior and give them a positive affirmation that we LOVE their food! Which we do…it taste so darn good, right? Well begin gearing your mind to understand what real food taste like. That picture above isn’t food…it’s more of “food” like substance.
If you’re going to have burgers and fries, make you’re own or at least go to Burgerfi (if you’re a South Floridian). Use real beef and real potatoes, you can believe that if you put your burger out for a few days it will start to decay and that alone should be enough for you to switch over.
Living a “Green” lifestyle isn’t a fad, it’s really a way of life that brings you back to the basics of what is real, natural, and healthier for you and the earth!
Continue to follow us for our Green Tip Tuesday blogs! We’re just a small Eco-company trying to do our part to make a more natural product and keep you informed of all the things you should know about!
Until next time,
Peace, Lovin, Swipes!
Freaky Friday: Sexy and Green Vday gifts to get you BOTH going!
Another Valentines Day is approaching quickly (wasn’t it just Christmas?!) and you need the low down on all the best Sexy yet sustainable gifts you can get your hands on….well you’re in luck, I’ve got the top 5 Vday gifts for her (but really they are for him too)! So whether you are a guy or a girl, trust me these gifts will cater to a night of Frisky romance ;-)
1. Lingerie: Who doesn’t want to feel Sexy on Valentines Day (or any other day for that matter)? Get lingerie that women love to wear and men will love to see, then take off! Try these sexy, organic cotton brands LoveNature Intimates,Eco-Boudoir, Araks, and PACT (made out of 100% rapid-biodegradable plastic bag).
(Photo: LoveNature Intimates)
2. Candles: Always remember to set the mood with a Scent of Scandal! Candles can’t get much more sexy…or scandalous than these! For Valentines Day try their “Lick Me” lollipop scent, “Me so Thorny” rose, or “Sext Me” blackberry!
3. Chocolate: Almost every woman has a natural affinity towards chocolate…there’s just something about the sweet, creamy, savory taste of it all! (I’m getting all hot and bothered just thinking about it!) Point and case you can’t go wrong with a delectable box of Fair trade, organic and or Vegan chocolates for the Eco-girl in your life! Try these: Divine Chocolates and Sjaack’s Organic Chocolates (they are Vegan too!) And remember chocolate is a aphrodisiac..oh la la.
4. Eco-Freak: For all my Eco- Freaks out there, utilize companies like Earth Erotics who bring you non-toxic, phthalate free, and PVC free vibrators! Women: who needs a Valentine when you got one of these! Whether your’re in a relationship or not, this is a guarantee to a climatic night.
5. Swipes Lovin Wipes: As always, stay fresh and clean for the lover in your life. Let Swipes Lovin Wipes freshen you up before and clean you up after your Vday rendezvous! These natural, biodegradable, compostable, and truly flushable wet wipes will be everything you need to keep the “Lovin” flowing naturally in your life!
On behalf of the Swipes Team have a wonderful Valentines Day!!!